On the occasion of Earth Day, Ladders is inviting elementary and middle schools kids to participate in a Artwork & Essay competition. There will be two categories, one for kids from 4th grade to 8th grade, who are eligible for the Essay Writing Competition and second for the younger kids (rising kindergartners to 3rd grade), who can participate in Artwork Competition. All entries will need to be made in person at Ladders Teaching Store by April 22, 2013 and winners would be announced on April 29, 2013.
Earth Day is honored every year around the world on 22nd April. Earth Day Network manages and organizes Earth Day and related environmental education and policy activities. It is a driving force, steering environmental awareness around the world. From Richmond to Russia, teachers are using Earth Day Network’s environmental education curricula in their classrooms.
Everybody is a Winner
Each participant will get a special gift from Ladders for their efforts and in order to promote kids to think and live Green. Special prizes will be awarded to the winners in both categories.
In a nutshell
Who: All kids from Rising Kindergarten to 8th grade
What: Essay (4th to 8th grade) or Artwork (rising kindergartner to 3rd grade)
When: On or before April 22, 2013
Where: Ladders Teaching Store, Morrisville NC
All entries must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Essay or the Artwork should be related to the Earth Day’s cause and drive
- Only one (1) entry may be submitted by each contestant.
- Each contestant must complete and attach a student entry form.
- Each entry must include a title and author’s name
- Artwork should be done on a paper size between Letter (8.5 x 11) and Ledger (11 x 17)
- Each essay must reflect the contestant’s own research, writing and original thinking.
- Essays can be handwritten or typed.
- The essay should be between 300 to 500 words.
- References should be included and clearly identified.
- Submit the entries to:
Ladders Teaching Store
4104 Grace Park Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560
- Entries must be submitted on or before contest due date on April 22, 2013.
- Essays or Artworks will not be returned to the author/artist; they become property of Ladders Teaching Store. We reserve the right to print them in our publications. Appropriate citations will be given to the writers/artists.
- Employees of Ladders Teaching Store and their relatives are not eligible to participate in the competition.
You can download the Registration form here.